Your donation will help ensure that Australia’s fossil, cultural and natural heritage is not lost to science or the Australian community but discovered, preserved and accurately documented for perpetuity. South west Queensland, is a unique region of Australia with so much still to be discovered and recorded... the history books on Outback Gondwana are yet to be written.
If you would like to become a supporter of the Outback Gondwana Foundation please click sponsor button below.
Based on skeletal remains found so far, ‘Cooper’ is Australia’s largest dinosaur. Named after Cooper Creek and the Cooper Basin where it was discovered. Cooper is Australia’s largest dinosaur and one of the world’s largest dinosaurs. Cooper is most likely a new genus and species of dinosaur and is one of the largest animals to have walked the earth.
Currently the scientific classification is waiting on the bones being housed in the Eromanga Natural History Museum.
|· Largest dinosaur ever to be discovered in Australia.
· Cooper is in the top ten of the largest dinosaurs in the world.
· Cooper’s collection of bones represent some of the most complete giant titanosaur bones
· At least ten metres larger than any other dinosaur found so far in Australia.
· Cooper represents a new dinosaur species to the world.
· Cooper was found on a tributary of the famous inland river system, Cooper Creek in the
Cooper/Eromanga Basin and this is where the nickname came from.
Photos courtesy of Outback Gondwana Foundation©